Lately, I have been exploring feedly. So far, I have subscribed to feeds that pertain to education. I subscribed to:
– Edudemic –> I chose Edudemic because it seems to have a lot of ideas for integrating technology into education, which is something this class is mainly focusing on, so I thought it would be good to explore this topic on my own a bit and hopefully be able to offer suggestions for classmates of ideas that sound promising.
– Edutopia RSS –> I chose this source because I like that it will offer a variety of learning strategies that are applicable for all grades. I think it is important to not focus on only one grade level because we never know what we will end up teaching. We need to make ourselves well rounded educators and I think this is a good start.
– Emerging Education Technologies –> I chose Emerging Edtech for some of the same reasons as Edudemic. This source offers technology that be offered in the classroom through instructional technologies. Again, I think this will be beneficial for myself and my classmates.
– Teach Thought –> I chose Te@ch Thought because I like the specific category focuses it has on iPads and Apps. This is something that will be helpful for me because I am not very good and finding what apps are effective for what practices. I hope this feed will give me some guidance and direction as to things I will be able to implement into my future classroom.
– Ted Education –> I chose Ted Education, because, lets be real, who doesn’t love watching TedTalks. What I thought was even better is that this channel focuses specifically on Education, which is great!
– Think Inclusive –> I chose Think Inclusive because this is what the basis of my educational philosophy is built on. It focuses on my passion in the classroom and I hope to learn a lot more. Inclusion is so important in schools and I hope to become an advocate someday.